At Zesty Maids one staple in our arsenal of green cleaning products is Microfiber Cleaning Cloths. We use the microfiber cleaning cloths for all of our residential house cleaning.
A microfiber is a fiber that measures less than 1 denier, or approximately 1/5 of a human hair. These fibers are synthetically created out of materials like polyester or polyamide. The fibers are often split, then woven to create absorbent clothing or towels. The cloth can be made to repel water, attract dust and dry quickly.
Microfiber towels are especially useful for cleaning and drying homes, cars, electronics or hair. If you are in the market for a microfiber towel, there are a number of ways you can select and purchase them.
There are several benefits to using microfiber cleaning cloths.
1. Using microfiber cleaning cloths to clean your home saves trees
2. Minimize your waste footprint on the earth… You can get up to 300 uses out of just one.
3. Saves you $$ by not using paper towels
4. There are no streaks and no lint left behind (we also use vinegar and water to clean windows and mirrors to prevent streaks)
5. You can use microfiber cloths just about anywhere when house cleaning (clean fans, clean floors, clean counter tops, clean bathroom fixtures). I keep a stack in my car… After washing and drying my car I’ll do a one over with the cloth to buff out a shine.
A disclaimer: We use a color code system when using our microfiber cloths:
- Blue for bathrooms
- Yellow for kitchen
- Green for dusting and furniture
Always wash your bathroom cloths after using and if you have used the kitchen cloths to wipe up chicken, beef or fish never reuse until washed.
There are several different types of microfiber cloths and it is important to use the correct one when cleaning.
For general cleaning and non sensitive surfaces, use the Short Pile 80/20 220 GSM… Sinks, faucets, toilets, vents, windows, linoleum floors.
A safe all purpose microfiber cloth is a Medium Pile 75/25 360 GSM we use this style for sensitive surfaces like wood. You can use this style of cloth for all house cleaning purposes.