Have you ever got distracted for a few seconds while you were cooking and then your favorite pan was just as burnt as it could be? Yes, it also happened to me a couple times. In the past, I used to scrub the pan trying to recover it, which was not worth it.
After talking with some friends and also looking up on the internet, I finally learned an efficient way to clean up a burnt pan without damaging it.
Therefore, on our blog post today, I am going to share how to use green cleaning products to clean up a burnt pan.
1 cup of water
1 cup of white vinegar
3 tablespoons of baking soda
- First, remove all the burnt food from the pan and toss it in the trash.
- Second, add water in the pan and put it on the top of the stove to medium heat.
- Then, when it starts to boil, add white vinegar. Switch off the heat, and let it set for a few minutes.
- Next, add baking soda and let it set. You can also let it set overnight, which will help soften the burnt residue from the pan.
- Repeat the process if necessary.
- Finalize, washing it throughout and gently scrubbing with a dish brush or a sponge.
Although this procedure is very efficient, there are cases in which the burn it so bad that you won’t be able to recover your pan. So, for those situations the best advice is to replace it. However, if your pan didn’t get to that point, it is worth to try this green cleaning method.
That is a Zesty Maids tip for today. Let us know if you have tried this method, leaving some comments.