Incredible how time flies! Here we are again in the most wonderful and busiest time of the year – the holiday season!
It is the time of the year we gather together with family and friends to be thankful and celebrate all the good things we have received or given throughout the year.
Between parties and gatherings, there are also crazy sides of the festivities – getting everything ready to best welcome our guests and the aftermath of the party.
As we know that requires planning, followed by shopping, cleaning, organizing, inviting, hosting, and so on, fitting all these tasks with our already hectic work schedule.
We understand that the holiday season is fun, although it can also be quite overwhelming. Therefore, Zesty Maids shares with you some helpful tips to prepare your house for the holidays, so you can focus on other tasks and enjoy the most of this beautiful season.
- Make a to-do list – By far, lists are the most effective method of task management. Walk around your house and write down everything that needs to be done, from small projects to big projects.
- Organize your chores – Prioritize your tasks from most important to least important by creating a schedule to prevent overwhelming yourself and to get your work done.
- Hands On – Put your plan into action! To further assist you, here is Zesty Maids cleaning checklist.
Holidays Cleaning Checklist
Kitchen & Dining Room
- Wash dishes and appliances
- Wipe down and organize the pantry/cabinets
- Throw out expired foods
- Dust tops of cabinets, lights, and chandelier
- Clean microwave (also interior), oven, and stove top
- Clean fridge (inside and out)
- Disinfect table, furniture, and utensils
- Polish countertops
- Clean sink and disposal
- Wipe down windows and mirrors
- Dust/mop/vacuum floor, including baseboards and underneath furniture
- Empty trash and wash out the garbage can
- Dust electronics
- Wash or steam clean cushions, seat, pillows and slipcovers
- Clean up rugs and table tops
- Sweep/vacuum/mop floor, including underneath furniture
- Wipe down windows and blinds
- Wash curtains and blankets
- Clean furniture such as couches and recliners
- Organize bookshelves
- Clean and organize storage/cabinets
- Toss expired medicines, makeup, and other items
- Wipe down surfaces and mirror
- Wash or replace shower curtains
- Scrub shower, bathtub, and walls
- Clean toilet and floor
- Wash rugs
- Dust tops of dressers, frames, and ceiling fan
- Wash pillows, linen, blankets, and curtains
- Vacuum/sweep/mop floor, including beneath of furniture
- Clean carpet and rugs
- Declutter, organize your items (consider to donate or discard if necessary)
- Organize closets, dressers, and drawers
Others (Laundry & Garage)
- Wash/clean door mat
- Wipe down washer and dryer
- Organize cleaning equipment and supplies
- Dust shelves and organize tools
- Sweep and mop floor
- Look for broken items, fix or replace them
Running out of time? Overwhelmed with cleaning? Contact Zesty Maids and get your cleaning problems taken care of!
Follow us on social media!