There’s nothing worse than seeing those ugly mold stains in a bathroom. They are ugly to the eye and even worse, some can cause harm to the body.
Most molds are non life threatening for healthy people, but for people with weak immune systems, especially people with asthma, babies and the elderly, the wrong bathroom mold can cause harm.
Exposure to mold may come immediately or in some cases there is a delayed reaction. For example, some symptoms to look for include dizziness, respiratory issues, flu-like symptoms, body aches, skin rashes, seizure, sinusitis, fungal infections of the lungs, irritability, coughing and more.
The best way to avoid all of the above is to prevent mold. Here are some basic steps to follow:
- If you have a window in your bathroom, crack it open during bath or shower time and leave it open for 30 minutes after you have showered;
- Turn on your bathroom fan and leave it on after shower or bath for 30 minutes;
- If you do not have a bathroom fan leave the door open when showering (if possible); otherwise, do it immediately after you no longer require privacy;
- Squeegee the water off of the shower walls once you are finished;
- For those of you who prefer to buy a natural shower cleaner to spray daily, ” Earth Friendly Products” has a really great after shower spray.
Here are some of Zesty Maids DIY suggestions to get rid of the mold in your bathroom.
DIY DAILY SHOWER SPRAY:
1 Spray bottle
1 cup of white vinegar
12 drops of tea tree oil
5 teaspoons of natural dish soap
Combine all the ingredients in a spray bottle, shake slightly, and spray daily after showers.
To remove moldy grout stains:
Make a mixture of 1 part Hydrogen Peroxide (3%) and 1 part water in a spray bottle. Spray on grout until saturated. Wait 45 minutes and wipe down with a sponge and rinse well.