Five great tips for a green clean home!
Here are Zesty Maids‘ five great tips for a green clean home:
1. Avoid air fresheners and fabric protection sprays as they contain chemicals linked to endocrine system issues, as well as reproductive problems. With this in mind, we suggest “Essence of Vali mists” as a great alternative.
2. If you do have carpet, avoid carpet cleaners and stain-resistant treatments that expose your home to chemicals. Rely on a steam cleaner instead. In addition, there are green carpet cleaning services available in this area.
3. Beware of old furniture: In recent years, laws have been created to rid the furniture market of PBDE’s, which are fire retardants that break down into dangerous metabolites linked to cancer. Old furniture may be putting your home at risk.
4. Try and use DIY cleaning products! There are several household items that can be used to clean and handle hard odors. Examples include, but are not limited to, lemon and lime, essential oil, vinegar, and baking soda.
5. Read product labels: This should make you think, 7% of the cleaning products adequately disclose their list of ingredients, and some do show dangerous chemicals on the bottle. Always avoid the cleaning products that contain dangerous chemicals like phthalates, formaldehyde, and “chemical surfactants.”
Leave a Comment