Bathtub. Oh yeah! Sometimes, all you want to do after a long day at work is to wash away all the stress and tiredness from your body, soaking yourself in a nice and warm bath.
Researches describe the benefits of a warm bath such as stress relief, immune system booster, and mindfulness enhancement.
It is your restoring time. Be creative! Take advantage of the products available: essential oils, Epsom salts, bath bombs, and bubble soaps. Light up some candles and enjoy your relaxing bath.
As we know, we need to keep our environment clean and germs free, and the bathtub is a perfect target for germs.
Bathtubs can accumulate dead skin from our body, dust, and residue from the products we use for our hygiene. But don’t worry! Today I am going to share with you an excellent DIY tip about doing green cleaning on your bathtub.
Let’s start with the cleaning mixture you are going to use.
Bathtub Green Cleaning
- 500 ml of water
- ¼ cup Bon Ami powder cleanser
- 1 sponge
Now, let’s get to work!
- Close the tub drain and add the water
- Spread out the Bon Ami powder cleanser (if the tub requires a deep cleaning, you can be more generous; otherwise, sprinkle on the surface just enough for the cleaning needed)
PS: Bon Ami is a mild abrasive, use it sparingly. I recommend to test a small area before proceeding with the cleaning, so you will be secure it won’t damage your tub.
3. Start scrubbing gently the tub with a sponge, mixing the water with the Bon Ami powder forming a paste
4. Let it set for 15 minutes
5. Return polishing the surface with a damp sponge and rinse with water until clean.
Ta-da! Your bathtub is nice, clean, and ready for your relaxing time.
If your relaxing time is the only time you have to clean your tub, don’t stress out! Get a free cleaning quote on our website, and let Zesty Maids take care of the house cleaning for you.
Author- Miriam Rodrigues